Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Here We Go...

I cannot believe it's finally here.  All the months of waiting, paperwork, fingerprints, red tape, phone calls, training and reading, and prayer has led us here.  We get on a plane bound for China bright and early tomorrow morning.  We will fly to Hong Kong via Chicago...in coach...on literally the last row of the plane.  This should be interesting...

I am tired, emotional and excited.  With Eden's adoption we had over a month between our Travel Approval and when we went to China.  This time I had 10 days.  So, the room has been set up, clothes washed and put in drawers, house cleaned, mail stopped, fridge cleaned out, laundry done, a few meals prepared ahead and frozen, bills paid, dog and fish taken to our sweet neighbor, grass cut, carpet cleaned, suitcases packed, carseat installed, and loose ends tied up.  Whew!

We should meet Zoey on Monday afternoon China time...which will be the wee hours of the morning here.  I am looking forward to the next few days away from home so I can draw near to the Lord, pray, read, and journal.  The last 2 weeks have felt like a whirlwind.  I have tangibly felt the prayers of so many.  Please continue to lift us up!

I will update again when we land to let you all know we made it.  Eden is beyond excited.  It brings tears to my eyes to think that she is going to see the land of her birth.  Can't wait to experience it through her eyes.

Love you all...thanks for following our journey.

1 comment:

Laine said...

Praying for yall sweet friends...and for Zoey...

I am so excited for Eden too!!!!