Sunday, August 16, 2009

Regular

I have a good Africa post coming tomorrow, but tonight I had to share something so sweet Eden said the other day. Before we flew to China to adopt her, I made her a photo album with family pictures in a Winnie the Pooh photo book. While we were in China, we were miraculously able to meet her foster mother (if you haven't read that story, go back to the Friday, July 27, 2007 post and read it...such a miracle). Once we arrived home, I put a photo we took of our family with her foster mom in the photo album so she could look at it whenever she needed/wanted to.

To this day, she pulls it out and tells us who everyone is. Well, the other day she and her daddy were reading and she brought the Winnie the Pooh album out to "read" to him. She started going through the family pictures saying who everyone is. Then, she came to the photo of us with her foster mom and she said, "This is daddy, this is my China mommy, and this is my regular mommy." I heard it and said, "Eden, why am I your regular mommy?" And she answered, "This is a regular family, so you are my regular mommy."

That's right sweet girl...I am your regular mommy...I love it. Here is the photo. I've never posted it before, but feel like after 2 years, it's time to introduce you to the angel who loved my baby like her own for 16 months of Eden's life. I will forever be thankful for her and pray for her. And Eden will forever love her I am sure.

1 comment:

Buffi Young said...

HOW PRECIOUS!!!! Being "regular" is a wonderful thing!! You guys are so blessed to have that picture for Eden. We SO wish we would have been given photos to communicate like that. We didn't though. Oh well..God knows what each child needs!! Thanks for sharing this precious story and picture. Hope you guys have a great week!
Blessings,
Buffi