Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sorry for the Long Delay

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for the long delay. It has been a rough start to the new year. Gene has changed jobs, we had a car wreck, and we're in the process of changing computers so I don't have any access to photos yet to update the blog (I know all you guys want is pictures of Eden!). We are doing great, just lots of hard changes. We are getting our permanent computer today so I will post a good update tomorrow with photos from Eden's first Christmas home, her 2nd birthday party with family, and lots of other cute things she's been doing.

We have her "friend" party in Birmingham this weekend. We're having an E-I-E-I-O party. I'm going to attempt to make her a cow cake so we'll see how that goes. I did really well with her Elmo cake on her actual b'day (Dec. 27th). She's becoming an Elmo fan! Eden is doing great, except for nights. She just will not go to sleep alone and it's exhausting - for all 3 of us. She is sleeping in her bed, though.

She started taking a mommy-and-me gymnastics class 2 weeks ago and she loves it. She's a maniac! You should see her in her pink leotard. I'll post pics when I can. And, we finally have enough hair for a ponytail right on top of her head. I'll post photos of that, too. Sorry I'm so behind!

For all of you who travelled with us to China, I'm trying to plan our 6-month reunion for Saturday, Feb. 23. E-mail me and let me know if that date works for you. The Hand's and the Young's can come to B'ham that day. I really hope we can all get together. I miss you!

Check the blog again in the next few days for multiple new posts with lots of pictures! I can't believe it's been 6 months already! What a blessing Eden is!

4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh I can't wait to see her in that pink leotard! I can't wait to see all the pictures!
It's so good to "hear" from yall, and we will be praying for continuing adjustment for all with the changes recently.
Feb. 23 is wide open for the Ferrill's...very unusual! So we're looking forward to it! And that will be all of our 7 mos. gotcha anniv! Perfect!
Love,
Laine

Buffi Young said...

I am SO thrilled to see a post from you guys. We've been concerned! Change is a challenge!!

We are looking forward to the 23rd. Just let us know the time and the place.

Can't wait to see Eden's pics!! We know she is just growing so beautifully!!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad to get an update! Sounds like you guys are having some crazy times. What kind of new job does Gene have?

Amanda said...

Girl,
You are one busy mom! Hope everything turned out okay from the accident! Happy Birthday to Eden! PLEASE send the pics soon! I'm dying to see them! I'll try calling you this weekend! Miss you lots and lots!

~Amanda