Friday, January 25, 2008

Eden's First Christmas


Eden's New Kitchen


Say Cheese! Eden with her new pink camera


The candy necklace in her stocking was a HUGE hit!

How cute is this pink piano her Meemaw gave her?


Eden with Aunt KK on Christmas Day

I'm finally posting Christmas photos. I will be doing lots of posts over the next couple of days to catch up. Eden got a kitchen for Christmas and she LOVES it. We put it in our kitchen so she can "cook" with mommy. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church for which there was no childcare. That was interesting to say the least. Eden broke out in song during a really somber instrumental number, and erupted into "YAY!!!!" with clapping as our pastor was preaching. Other than that, she did great :) Thankfully, the people sitting around us were so taken with her sweet smile and silly personality it didn't seem to bother them.

We spent Christmas morning at our house, just the 3 of us. Then Gene's parents and brother came for a late breakfast. That afternoon, we traveled to Anniston to my parent's house and spent a few days there. It was a wonderful Christmas. Gene made me a DVD of our China trip as my gift and I literally sobbed so hard when I watched it that Eden came up and patted me on the back to comfort me.

Seeing the footage of her in China was so hard to watch because she was grieving so hard for her foster mother. She is so happy now. The Lord continues to heal her heart. I am amazed daily by what He has done in her life, and in ours. I will get Gene to post the video on our blog sometime soon.

Sorry this post came a month late but hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Buffi Young said...

Looks like you had a GREAT Christmas!!! I LOVE her pink piano. I had a little one like that when I was young!! Get her started early!! :) We watched our China video footage on Christmas Eve for the first time...and honeslty..we didn't hardly get any good video. At least not a whole lot to make a good video. We might be able to do a colage of picture blended with video and music. It is neat to go back and watch though!! I'm so glad that Eden is doing so well! She is just adorable!!!
Love you guys,
Buffi