Saturday, July 28, 2007

We Miss You!

Hey everyone,

I haven't posted since we picked Eden up almost a week ago. It seems like I've known her for so much longer! I just wanted to take this rare, precious few minutes this morning while Eden is still sleeping to tell everyone back home how much we (Keri, Nana and Gene) miss you and love you and can't wait to get home to you. I'm so thankful that Gene is such a good "blogger" because if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have heard a peep out of us since Eden arrived. Literally every moment of my day revolves around her (I know you other moms get that). It's like the newborn stage of "figuring out" my child with the 19-month-old attitude, energy and budding independence thrown in together.

Plus, the language barrier which causes my sweet angel to SCREAM what she wants like I didn't hear her use Chinese the first 3 times she said it. It's a wonderfully beautiful and rewarding challenge parenting her. She is indeed a "happy nut" as her referral paperwork described her. My favorite thing about her right now is that she cracks herself up (I do the same thing and my friend Alisa thinks it's so funny when I do it). Eden will do something that isn't even funny and then start dying laughing at herself, which then causes us to laugh at her which perpetuates the cycle. I think she just loves to make people laugh.

I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in a few months once she moves through the grief process and we see more of her true personality. She is so precious, yall. Pictures don't even begin to show you how beautiful she is, inside and out. She communicates a lot through her eyes, which photos can't capture. She wrinkles her little eyebrows which her Nana LOVES. Well, she just woke up so I better wrap up. I am SO ready to get home. Can you imagine having a toddler with no schedule and eating out EVERY meal??? Yikes! I love you all and can't wait to let you all meet Eden. You have prayed her into our lives and I am eternally grateful for each of you. See you soon!
Love,
Keri

2 comments:

Melissa Lane Russell said...

Your daughter is gorgeous. I am reading this in tears and am so thrilled for you. I am also so glad Nana could make the trip with you (hi Mrs. McWhorter!). Hang in there- raising your child is the hardest thing you'll ever do, but the rewards are tenfold! Keep the updates coming!
Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Keri,
Grace Byrd Morris forwarded me this link and I am SO excited to read about how God has worked in your lives to bring Eden to her chosen family! What an amazing journey! And I can tell that the whole process has been bathed in prayer by everyone who loves you!
When you come down to Auburn for Eden's first football game, (she already has the perfect stroller for it :-) please give us a call! We're in the book and add me your email list, I'd love to catch up on all the lost time!
God is Good!
Love,
Emmy Martin Sorrells

the_sorrells@charter.net