Friday, August 17, 2012

Slowly But Surely...

We are inching right along to bring sweet Zoey home.  We received our approval from Homeland Security to bring her into the USA yesterday.  Now we await confirmation of a travel visa from the US Consulate and then we can wait for Travel Approval.  We have been informed of some difficulties traveling during the month of October due to holidays and events on the China side of things...so there is a great possibility we will have to wait until November.  I am preparing myself for that possibility, but praying and hoping God will grant us mercy to get there sooner.  I have chosen to let God be God and leave it at that.

The Lord was gracious to Gene and I the other night to reveal some deep fears and insecurities going on in Eden's fragile heart.  I am so thankful He prompted her to verbalize to me some hints at what is swirling around in her heart and mind.  As a 6-year-old it came out in an overly-dramatic way...but I sense there is some truth hidden in there.  I was so convicted to stop giving my best to the "what ifs" and concerns of paperwork when I have a living, breathing, precious child right here.  Do I long for Zoey?  Yes!  Do I crave to know her?  Yes!  Do I sense a hole in our lives?  Yes!  But I must take all those thoughts to the Father and leave them there and get busy glorifying Him where I am, with who is here.

I cried when my baby girl bared her heart to me at the dinner table.  It's not that I think I have done anything to warrant her outburst; and I know that feelings of jealousy are normal...but I do not dismiss it as only that.  There is a lot going on and change is hard for all of us.  Eden has always struggled with change.  So I need to remember to listen to and depend on the Spirit as we navigate the days ahead.

Will you please pray for my Eden?  On top of all the adoption change...she is having surgery on Monday.  It's a "minor" plastic surgery for her cleft and we hope it will be outpatient.  No surgery is easy on a child, or her parents.  Please pray for us.  And keep praying for that paperwork to come through!  Love to all...

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog