Saturday, June 9, 2007

Our Letter Came!

Praise the Lord! We finally received our official referral for Eden Hope on Wednesday, June 6th. We had been told the letter was mailed two weeks ago and had been on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive. The strange thing is, on Wednesday morning, our social worker called me and said she had bad news. She had received news from China that our letter had not been mailed, and had no idea when it would be mailed.

Of course, we were disappointed. But instead of caving in and giving up, we asked our friends and family to pray with us that God would sustain us as we trusted His timing, and bring our letter in His way, according to His plan. I hit my knees and poured out my heart to God, got up, and took the kids I babysit for a walk.

An hour later, when I arrived home, there was a message on my cell phone from our social worker. "That's funny," I thought, "I just talked to her. I wonder why she's calling." I called her back and she began crying as she said, "Keri, I have your letter." "WHAT???" I yelled in her ear. "How? It was in China an hour ago on someone's desk!" There are many possible solutions people could give as to how it arrived, but we're just choosing to give God the credit for the miracle we received. We signed the letter and sent it back to China that day, and now await a Travel Approval, which should come within 2-4 weeks. After we receive it, we will know our exact travel dates. I am overwhelmed as the reality of meeting my daughter grows closer each day. How is it possible to love someone so much that you haven't even met?

My heart aches for Eden as I think about what lies ahead for her. Sure, she is gaining more love than she can imagine, but I can't help but put myself in her shoes. She has no idea what is going on. She hasn't had 18 months to fall in love with us. She lives with a foster mom that I'm sure she has grown to love. I pray daily for her sweet little heart and spirit, that God will prepare her for all that lies ahead. I know He will grant this request, as He loves her even more than I do. I cannot wait to see the miracle of how God will knit our new family together, a family not born of flesh and blood, but born in our hearts.

What a beautiful picture! Gene, Keri and Eden (and Sunny and Maggie, our dogs). Soon to be Daddy, Mommy and daughter. Only Jehovah God could imagine and accomplish such a blessing! Thank you all for your prayers. We love you!

2 comments:

Kim said...

My heart is so full of joy for you and Gene. I am sitting here crying!! I hate that I missed you on Thursday-stupid stomach virus. I was just trying to make it through the day and couldn't. Please drop by again one day! I can't wait to meet Eden! Please know I have been praying for y'all since I first heard. I am so thrilled! Love you guys!!

Rhonda said...

Kerri,
Brian and I were just approved on June 6th to adopt a baby girl from Russia! I can empathize with the waiting already! We are so happy for you guys and we are beginning the journey for our little girl too! Know that we are praying!